This course helps you to utilise your Canon Medical ultrasound system to its full capacity. The course will give you a greater understanding of your Aplio a-series or i-series system, allowing
you to increase your workflow efficiency, and be more confident in your clinical findings.
(Time: 11 minutes 45 seconds)
Chapter 1: Basic Overview
Chapter 2: System Controls and Ergonomics
- Physical features of the Ultrasound System
- Powering up aspects
- Transducer connection
- Control Panel including Navigation and ‘Heads Up’ Display
- Introduction to iSense design for workflow/ergonomics.
- System Ergonomic features
- RAW Data Storage advantages
- System Cleaning
(Time: 22 minutes 34 seconds)
Chapter 3: Getting Started
This video provides a greater understanding of the steps and functions available to begin an examination.
This chapter includes:
- Patient Registration steps.
- Monitor Display layout
- Touch Command Screen (TCS) layout and functions
- Examination parameter selection with Presets and QuickStarts ™
(Time 12 minutes 30 seconds)
Chapter 4: Aplio Technology, Architecture and Terminology.
This video focuses on iPerformance – image quality functionality and advanced tools.
This chapter includes explanations of:
- iBeam architecture including
- Transmitting – Multi-Sync Pulser
- Receiving – Multi-Beam receiver
- Processing – Multi-Harmonic Compounding
- Multiplexing Technology
- Harmonic Imaging
- Pulse Subtraction Harmonics
- Differential THI (Tissue Harmonic Imaging)
- Precision Imaging
- ApliPure compound imaging
- TSO (Tissue Specific Optimisation)
Registrants who watch these videos will have the opportunity to earn CPD points from ASAR (Australian Sonographer Accreditation Registry) or similar as “Self-Learning” Activity. Please refer to the ASAR website for more information.