MonashHeart Level A Cardiac CTA Training on Aquilion ONE ViSION (6-Day)
Monday, 7 May to Saturday, 12 May 2018
8:30am - 5:30pm
Monash Medical Centre
246 Clayton Road
Clayton VIC 3168, Australia
Meet course component of Australian Conjoint Committee Level A Competency Requirements. Designed for cardiologists and radiologists who desire an in-depth knowledge of cardiac CTA.
126 RANZCR CPD points can be claimed for attendance at the MonashHeart Level A CTA Training Course.
The course will be taught by highly experienced Australian Level B accredited faculty.
The course will include exposure to and experience in cardiac CT imaging, coronary artery disease with catheter correlation, congenital heart disease and acquired non-coronary artery disease.
Live cases will be on a Canon Medical Systems 640-slice Aquilion ONE ViSION CT scanner. Each participant will work independently on their own state-of-the-art, dedicated cardiac CTA 3D Vitrea 6.3 workstation.
- Meets course component of Australian Level A
- 1:1 physician to workstation ratio
- CSANZ Level B faculty
- Learn on Aquilion ONE ViSION and Vitrea
- 150 cases includes 25 live cases
- Observe live cardiac scans from patient entry through diagnosis and report
- Review CT image components, formation, and processing
- Discuss clinical issues including patient safety, pre-medication, radiation exposure, contrast delivery and reactions
- Review how to use a 3D workstation to review and interpret cardiac CT images
- Awareness of the sensitivity, specificity, and positive and negative predictive values of cardiac CT
- Awareness of the clinical indications and appropriateness of cardiac CT
- Learn how to comprehensively assess a wide variety of cases on the 3D workstation and recognise varied pathology by CT